Tuesday 17 August 2010

Time to Hit the Books - MFT Wednesday Stamp Club Challenge

It's that time again! Yippee!
MFT Wednesday Stamp Club wants you to play along!
Time to hit the Books! - Think back to school, reading or books.
Keyword: MFTWSC08182010
In a couple of weeks Chloe heads back to school. She's been a very good reader all summer and in fact she read 5 books during our vacation ;)
She has another friend that loves reading too and I thought it might be fun for Chloe to give this to her as a little gift.
This card with detachable bookmark is a tutorial on SCS that you can find HERE.
I used Beate's measurements for a square card.
The stamp set is called PI Book in Hand. She's such a cutie! I coloured her with Copics and added little rhinestones to her shoes.

Here is an inside shot of the detachable bookmark. The sentiment comes from Reading Flopsey.

Stamps: PI Book in Hand, Reading Flopsy; Cardstock: Prism Blue, Kraft, Cream, October Afternoon Thrift Shop; Inks: Memento Black; Accessories: Copics, Nesties, Brads, Rhinestones, Ribbon, Die-namics open scallop, Jumbo Eyelet, Crop a Dile, Dimensionals
Now hop on over to see what my MFT Challenge Partners have created! It's sure to be awesome!
Have a GREAT day!

13 comments:

Christina Fischer said...

This is adorable! What a great project! :)

Beate said...

Dawn, this is soooo cute! Made me go awwwwwhhhh....when I opened your blog. You rock sweet friend.
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

I totally forgot to post mine....oops! I am so fired! LOL This is super cute! Keep on her reading, Joely was a late bloomer with that and struggles still with reading!

Kerry Johnson said...

This is fabulous Dawn! Love the colours!

Cindy Haffner said...

Total SWEETNESS!

Rose Ann said...

I'm loving your bookmark card, Dawn!! Such a sweet image, and beautifully colored too!! I love the papers as well!!

Lynn Put said...

This is darling Dawn!!! What a sweet idea using this cute PI image!

Lisa Kind said...

So cute, Dawn! Love the detachable bookmark and how you placed the sentiment in that particular nestie! Too clever!

Joan Ervin said...

This is sooo sweet and perfect for a back to school gift...love this adortable card, Dawn!!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Absolutely adorable Dawn!!

Denise Marzec said...

Looooove that the bookmark is detachable (I think I need to try and make one of these) and you KNOW I love the Thrift Shop DP. BEAUTIFULLY done!

Niki Estes said...

What a neat bookmark! I love how it opens!

Jody Morrow said...

Oh my goodness, that is adorable. You are awesome. :)