Saturday 11 April 2009

Downtown Divas!

Good Morning!
I'm off to meet Peggy from PaperWorksCo. again! She has the new nestie shapes in the store and you KNOW I had to have them! She also told me she has gotten another shipment of Copics so run on over and take a peek! Speaking of Copics...I was at a LSS yesterday and was shocked to see they sell them for 8.50 EACH....Yikes! If you are in or around Edmonton...see Peggy ;) Her prices are MUCH better!
I've got two Stamp a Sweet Impression cards to share with you today! Both use the super cute set called Downtown Diva and you can find it in the Taylored Expressions Store. The sketch comes from Lauren and you will find it below. I did alter the sketch a bit and went with circles and a square...they fit better...lol
Then after I assembled the entire card and stamped my sentiment I realized I smudged some black ink on the bottom...found these cute MM Chloe's Closet flowers to cover up my boo boo ;)
Stamps: Downtown Diva; Cardstock: White, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, DP; Inks: Memento Black; Accessories: Copics, Circle punches, Mat pack and Paper piercer, MM Chloe's Closet Flower Embellishments, Dimensionals
Here is Lauren's sketch for this week. If you upload to a gallery like SCS please use keyword mytimess30 so they can be easily found ;)
Here is a second Stamp a Sweet Impression card. These cuppies are so flippin' cute! I've used Taylor's TECC63 for this card. I did flip the sketch though ;)
These cuppies are from the same set Downtown Diva.
Stamps: Downtown Diva; Cardstock: PTI white, Pretty in Pink and DP; Inks: Memento Black; Accessories: Copics, Primas, Rhinestone Brads, Rectangle Nesties, Eyelet Border Punch, Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!
Also...I've had quite a few emails asking about the Bubbles game I had at the bottom. It turns out they had added commercials to that feature and the Clorox ad over and over was getting to people. None of us in Canada heard it...which was weird....lol
I removed the old one and found a NEW one...hope this one works!

11 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Hey! These are GREAT looking cards. That green DP on the fist one with a large border of white space looks so fresh and springy. Great job on the cover-up too (I've done that smudge thing SOOO many times, ugh!). The second card with just the little touch of pink against all the white is SOOOO soft and girly. Love that one too!

Thanks for the heads up about Peggy's store too. Yeah, I wouldn't want to pay over $8 for a copic. Peggy sounds like a much better deal.

Cindy Haffner said...

Super cute cards Dawn, Happy Easter and Happy Shopping.

Connie M. said...

These are such cute and fun cards, Dawn!

Vicki Burdick said...

Awesome cards as usual Dawn!! Love them!!!

MacKenzie said...

Adorable Dawn - love em' both!

Marie Bingaman said...

Oh my word! So adorable!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super cute cards!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Adorable, Dawn! Have a great Easter!

Renée said...

Those are awesome, Dawn! I keep forgetting about Peggy's store ... must check it out. Thanks for the heads up!

Maria said...

Hey Dawn! $8.50 for copic markers. . holy cow, that's expensive. Sheesh! That's crazy!

Love both your cards! I can't tell that you smudged your ink. I smudge ink on my cards often. . .that's why I do a lot of cutting and layering! LOL!!

Such pretty colors to your cards and I just love the dps. I'm a dp freak so I'm drawn to them whenever I see cards. Awesome job on your coloring too!!

Hope you have a wonderful Easter!

Maria

Kelly Schelske said...

Tell me about it, I was in Clagayr and grabbed a marker that I really ewanted and it was $8.50. I just sent my Mom to get me a refill for my sisters wedding invites (coloring those Michaeals flowers to match) and it was $11.70...oh my gosh, I was ticked off, but I called around and they were the only ones that had the color I needed. I tried a couple pnline sotres too and they were almost half the price but no one had the colors I needed!

Anyway, great cards, they are both fabulous!