Saturday 4 April 2009

Downtown Diva and a Saturday Sketch

Thanks for stopping by to see another Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek!
I have TWO for you using the cute new cuppie set called Downtown Diva. There are several great images and sentiments in this set!
My first card uses Lauren's sketch(see below).
I decided to give watercolouring a try again....lol...practice practice practice right?! My colours for the image were chosen by the American Crafts dp...although I decided to NOT use the pattern side...it was a little busy...and went with the solids instead. I like how it looks!
Stamps: Downtown Diva; Cardstock: Choc Chip, Watercolour paper and American Crafts DP(pink/blue); Inks: Versafine Black and Various SU! inks; Accessories: Aqua Painter, Nesties, Circle Punches, American Crafts Ribbon, Stickles, Paper Piercer, Dimensionals
Here is Lauren's Saturday Sketch #29.
I altered my sample slightly by leaving out the scallops because I'd used the nestie shape...it looked funny with them...lol
Lauren's Saturday Sketch

I had to make a second card/gift card holder with the nesties like my buddy Denise always does. I love the look but it's something I never think to do...but it was on my to-do list! Now I can cross something off! I stamped the image from Downtown Diva onto some watercolour paper and used my re-inkers and aqua painter to colour it in.

Stamps: Downtown Diva; Cardstock: Pink Pirouette, Choc chip, Cool caribbean, WC paper and American Crafts DP; Inks: Versafine Black and various SU! inks; Accessories: Aqua painter, Curvy Rectangle Nesties, Word Window Punch, Pink Pirouette Ribbon, Linen Thread, Dimensionals
Here is a side shot showing how I made a little pocket to hold a gift card.
Stop by all the Baker's Dozen Design Team Blogs!
Also guess what....Taylored Expressions will be carrying Spellbinder Dies starting TOMORROW!
AND...
New Twinkles deal - We have two new tiny twinkle carousels (also being released on Sunday)!!! One is all clear rhinestones in various sizes and the other is Multi-colored twinkles in various shapes (stars, hearts, flowers, teardrops, squares, etc.). When customers purchase one of each of the new twinkles, they'll receive the multi-colored round twinkles FREE.
Thanks for stopping by!

32 comments:

Donna Baker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donna Baker said...

sweet cards, Dawn! love 'em

Vicki Burdick said...

Adorable!!!

Taylor said...

So adorable, Dawn! I love all the different shapes you girls are using to cut out your shopping cuppies!

ChristineCreations said...

hee hee...both adorable Dawn. And great watercoloring :)

Renée said...

cute cards, Dawn! Love your watercolouring and the images are adorable!

Denise Marzec said...

These are GORGEOUS, Dawn! Your watercoloring looks GREAT!!

Alex said...

These are beautiful cards Dawn!!! I think your watercoloring looks FABULOUS, girl!!! Love that new cuppie set...just got my first one in the mail and can't wait to play! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Silke Ledlow said...

Super cute cards - Dawn!!! What a fun girly girl Set!!!

Karen Giron said...

Wow Dawn! I love what you did with the sketch - the little circles are very cute.

Sankari W. said...

Dawn these are perfect in every way!!! I mean from the watercoloring look to the color choices to the cutouts to the minutest details - your cards are just Dawnperfect!!! (I think I just created a new word!!!!) Seriously I love both of these beautiful cards that you have created!!! Wowzers!

Connie M. said...

Oh Dawn! Both of these are adorable, but I really LOVE how you created the gift card holder...I will have to give that one a try!

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww, these are super cute!!! Love the sketch tooo. I will have to see if I can make some extra time to include doing this wonderful sketch :)

Thanks again!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Becky G said...

They're both fantastic, Dawn!

Hugs~Becky

Lynda Benden said...

These are both darling Dawn! Your watercoloring is awesome! I love the American Crafts paper too ~ great job!!!

I see you are having beautiful weather there today!!! Good for you!

Unknown said...

Wow Dawn! These cards are great - what a fun fun image, those shopping cuppies!! :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your sweet cards Dawn, very soft and pretty.

Jodi Collins said...

Holy CANNOLI, er cupcake!! Girl, your watercoloring is the BOMB!!! These are GORGEOUS!!!

Marie Bingaman said...

I totally agree, Dawn, your coloring is AWESOME!! Wanna fly to PA and give me some lessons? LOL

Maria said...

You did a beautiful job coloring your images. . .gosh, I haven't watercolored for such a long time. Those cupcakes are so darn cute!!!

Your gift card holder is a fantastic idea. I love seeing others make different types of cards. I have to be more versatile. . it's hard because I like making cards that I can do quickly but I do have to venture out more. You did a beautiful job on your gift card holder.

Hope you are having a great weekend!

maria

Amy Sheffer said...

These are just the most darling, Dawn! I think your watercoloring looks fantastic! The gift card holder is awesome!

jjcreations said...

Great cards Dawn. I love the little shops!!!

Stamp and Smile said...

AWESOME CARDS!! Great job with the watercoloring... this is my life long challenge to master this! Keep the eye candy coming... TFS! :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

I just LOVE these, Dawn! They are both adorable litte scenes!

Karen Motz said...

Your Cuppie card is so sweet...I love that image inside that Spellbinders die. And your gift card holder...WAY cute!!!

Tracy said...

Absolutely love your watercoloring Dawn! Great job. I need to try it sometime. The thought of it just scares me. LOL! These new cuppies are so stinkin' cute too.

Cakespy said...

OK, I am going to faint this is all so cute. You have all outdone yourselves this time!! I especially love how you colored and garnished the little shop vignette!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

SUCH CUTENESS, Dawn!!! Loving those shopping cuppies, and your watercoloring is perfect! Sweetness, gf!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

These are TOTALLY cute!!

Joan Ervin said...

EEEEEEEEEEE!!!! LOOOOVE the little shopping cuppies...gotta have those for sure!!!! Great coloring, too!!!!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

These are SOOOOOooooh sweet. I can't get over how cute those little bistros are & your colouring is so WOW!!! :O)

Kelly Schelske said...

LOVE these, love the fun new nesties...I'm gonna have to go look for some now:-)

They are both super, great colors and of course the images are too cute!!