Friday 8 February 2008

You Float My Boat

OK I've just gotta say it.... THREE more sleeps!
I can't wait now....especially with the cold we are experiencing again...ugh!
Today the SCS is the Limited Supplies Challenge. You were to make a Non-Traditional Valentine.
These were the limits:
No flower stamps/cuttlebug/die cuts/rub ons, etc (any other CB shapes were fine)
No Heart stamps/cuttlebug/die cuts/rub ons, etc (any other CB shapes were fine)
No shades of red (that includes pink) ink, paper, ribbon, etc
Limited layers (try to keep it under 4)
embellishments are okay as long as they are not hearts/flowers or shades of red
I had made a card similar to this not too long ago...but used a red heart so it didn't qualify...lol Or I may have cheated and linked to it ;)
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I've got a tons of little things to do before we leave.
Thanks for stopping by today!

14 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

This is so pretty, love your coloring and the paper you used.

Christina Fischer said...

This is adorable, Dawn!!!! Love all the texture and dimension, and the colors are great! :)

Vivian Swain said...

Very cute card. I have this set and wan to use it with the jumbbo eyelets. TFS and I may case this one with some canges of coarse. LOL!!!

Vivian Swain

Nancy Riley said...

Dawn, I think Stampin' Up! designed this stamp set JUST FOR YOU! You just work wonders with it, my friend!

corinnesomerville said...

Oh My Gosh !!! I love this...it's absolutely adorable !!!! I've gotta play with this set some more :)

Becky G said...

I love it, Dawn! I have this set, but haven't inked it up yet! Guess I'm gonna have to break it out and play with it!

Angie Kennedy Juda said...

Wow, beautiful card Dawn!!! I love everything about it!!!

Anonymous said...

You are making me want this set!!! I don't have it and every time you make a card I think...I NEED it!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Dawn...this is super cute! I LOVE the sentiment...perfect! Hope you have more time to stamp since you'll be leaving soon. ;)

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Love this!!! but then again I always love all your creations...

Maria said...

I love this card Dawn! Love the striped paper and the very non-traditional Valentines color! Beautiful job!

Maria

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

OH is this GORGEOUS, Dawn! I just LOVE it!

Lori said...

Love it! Perfect set for this challenge.

Rose Ann said...

You did a fabulous job with the challenge, and I love the puffs of smoke on dimensionals! Super cute!!