Monday 25 February 2008

Try A New Technique Challenge Cards

YAH! I made it home in time to catch the last 20 laps of the Nascar race!
MUCH better finish for Jeff Gordon this week....3rd!
This morning I was able to make a couple of cards for todays Try a New Technique. Today you were to use two or more Designer Papers on your card.
Lucky for me I LOVE doing that...haha!
This first card is a 5.25 x 5.25. I stamped the images on Shimmery White Cardstock with Versafine Black. I then watercoloured with my aqua painter and re-inkers.
Since I still had a little time before going to the school to mark math and spelling tests I thought I would use up these little scraps. Fits into the challenge too! This card measures 4.25 x 4.25.
Thanks for stopping by today!

On another note...
Paper Pretties is having a BIG SALE....be sure to check it out! You never know what you may find ;)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great cards Dawn!! I love them. So cute!

Marilyn said...

Great cards for the challenge - love the coloring on the tugboat!! So pretty! Love how you took your leftover papers and made a great WOW card with it too!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Great cards..Love the colors..Nice job

Janine said...

I think the cards are fab... Hope you had a good time at Nascar !!

Corie said...

Love both of these -- I love cutie pie DP too!!

I know you are a NASCAR fan, but Jeff -- why not Jimmy or Junior? Just kidding, my kids love Jeff. My husband works for Lowes, so they love Jimmy too.

Dottie K. said...

Wow these are just so cute. I love what you did with the squares and bee on the second card. That is my favorite bee stamp. I use it all the time. I'm going to case this card - I just love it. :)

Alhambra Club said...

Your tugboat card is adorable, love the bee card with the 4 squares.

Alex said...

Holy Moly girl, these are gorgeous challenge cards! You sure know how to display that stamp set beautifully, I love everyone of those little friend ship cards - LOL! And, that little bee is precious! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Bethany Paull said...

I love that ship with the little puffs of smoke. Cute!

Carolyn King said...

oh my...both are adorable. love the combination of patterns u used for both. The first is adorable and the second is clever--love the square design...too cute!

Anonymous said...

Love both of these cards....so bright and cheery.

Me, My Stamps and I said...

hi dawn,
These cards are too adorable !!!!love the scraps especially (i have lots of those)tfs
chat

Christina Fischer said...

CUTE!!!! Love the way you used the papers! That boat is fantastic -- love the little smoke puffs! :)

Anonymous said...

Both cards are fantastic! I love how you used the DP in both! You rocked the challenge!
I didn't stamp yesterday. After cleaning and visiting with my neighbor, I (don't hate me) layed out in the backyard for a little while. I LOVE sunshine! We had a great sunny morning. Not so much today. Nasty rain storms....but still warm.

Rose Ann said...

I love your boat card!! Fantastic job with the challenge!! I love your little smoke clouds!!

Your little bee card is simple and oh so cute! Love those papers and that darling bee!!

Anonymous said...

Both cards are great! It's always nice to use up scraps too, eh?! ;)