Wednesday 6 February 2008

Sketch and Colour Challenge Cards

Good Afternoon Everyone!
I suppose I should be getting stuff out of the closet and washed and start packing for holidays but I just can't get motivated yet. The weather is crummy here again today. It LOOKS nice out, blue skies, sun is shining....BUT it's wicked cold and windy....lol I can't think about shorts and sandals just yet.
So I decided to work on a few cards. The first couple are for todays Sketch Challenge on SCS. The last one is yesterday Colour Challenge(Ballet Blue, Apricot Appeal and Real Red). I struggled BIG time with those colours. I don't ever pull out Ballet Blue, rarely use Apricot and just recently started to use Real Red. I suppose that is why they call it a challenge...haha!
Supplies:
Stamp Set: MFT How Sweet It Is
Cardstock: Celery, Pumpkin, WW, American Crafts DP(the red is the back of the pattern)
Ink: Basic Black and SU! Markers in Celery, Pumpkin, Ballet Blue, Banana, Ruby Red, Cocoa, Blush
Accessories: Ticket Punch, Misc Flower Brads, Green Apple Grosgrain
Stamp Set: Time Well Spent
Cardstock: Celery, Temp. Turq, WW, Flowers for You Dp
Inks: Basic Black, Turq., Celery, Summer sun
Accessories: Mat Pack and Paper Piercer, Paper Snips, Dimensionals
Stamp Set: Sealed with a Kiss by Paper Pretties
Cardstock: Ballet Blue, Apricot Appeal, Real Red, WC Paper

Inks: Versafine Black Onyx,Real Red, SU! Markers in various colours
Accessories: Ticket Punch, Aqua Painter(for some), Paper Snips, Stickles, Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!

14 comments:

Deb said...

All fabulous cards Dawn, lovely layering and I love the 3 d effect on the last one!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh how cute! These are way adorable each one bright and cheery. You are loving red :D You must be in a happy mood :D
You should try out for the guest designer spot for MFT!

Alex said...

These are all so cute Dawn!! I love the friends card - those colors really appeal to me!! Wonderful job as usual!! You better get to packin' - and check the weather, it has been kind of cold there.....*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Angie Kennedy Juda said...

Very cute cards Dawn!!! I especially like the Time Well Spent card...it makes me want to break open my pack of Flowers for You DP & make something :)))

Alhambra Club said...

These are such bright and happy cards, love the colors and blue and green is such a wonderful color combo.

Michelle B said...

Loving all three of these cards! So adorable. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

LOVE the colours on the top card! Pumpkin Pie...I know, it's an addiction! Great cards!!!

Lori said...

Love your sketch challenge cards! And, I'm impressed with your color challenge card--I didn't even bother to try it (I use Real Red a lot, Ballet Blue some, but rarely use Apricot Appeal--just couldn't see those going together!).

Unknown said...

Great cards Dawn!! I love what you've done with all 3! :)

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Love these!!! The layouts are Fab!!! (((Hugs)))

Rose Ann said...

Super cards! Lovin' those papers and colors! You did a fabulous job with the fine trimming too!

Wish I were going on vacation as well. ;)

corinnesomerville said...

I hate packing too !!! I always pack at the absolute last minute and unpack the second I get the door ! My kids always laugh that the van isn't fully unpacked yet and I've got the washing machine going :)
Great cards too !!! I love the layout for your Time Well Spent card...way to go :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I love all three cards! I love that you made Time well spent look great. I haven't even dared to try that. Love your cute MFT card and love how you added things into the hands of the kissing couple.
Hugs and smiles

Marilyn said...

Dawn - I just have to tell you how much I LOVE your site and your cards!! You are so inspiring!! These cards are so darling!! Love how you worked with the color combo too!! Anything out of our comfort zone is tough, but it amazes me how much better I like what I've created when I get "out of my box" - Have a wonderful day!!