Tuesday 26 February 2008

Holly's Sketch and SCS Colour Challenge Cards

We are having such nice weather here in Edmonton! Anything above freezing is always nice and considered a heat wave...especially in February...lol
This card I made today was for a sketch done by Holly aka Toy on SCS. You can find her fantastic blog HERE. This was for sketch #4. I changed it a little though. Guess what?! I used my Copic markers on it!!! Boy do they ever colour nice ;) Right now I only have 19 colours plus a blender but have 48 more coming!!!
Stamp: Stampendous
Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Groovy Guava, WW, Imaginisce For Peep's Sake DP
Ink: Brilliance Black and Copic Markers
Accessories: Ticket Punch, Jewels, Wide Celery Grosgrain, Dimensionals
These next two cards were done for the Colour Challenge on SCS today. You were to use River Rock, Black and White. Sounded elegant to me. So I ATTEMPTED a couple of cards. I stepped out of my box. These are not my typical colours. I rarely use black on any card. I've had the same package of Basic Black for the past year and a half...haha!
Stamp Set: True Friend
Cardstock: River Rock, Basic Black, WW and Apple Cider DP
Ink: River Rock
Accessories: May Arts Ribbon, Scallop Punch, Coluzzle, Dimensionals

Stamp Set: Stem Silhouettes
Cardstock: River Rock, Basic Black, WW and Ginger Blossom DP
Ink: River Rock
Accessories: Ticket Punch, Large Oval, Designer Label Punch, Dimensionals, May Arts Ribbon
Thanks for stopping by today!

24 comments:

Shannon Tompkins said...

Dawn,
Your CC cards look great. I have some copics on their way to me. I am excited to use them.

Alhambra Club said...

What a bright and "springy" card and your other two are so pretty and elegant, they are all lovely.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards Dawn!!

Tracy.H said...

Love these, Dawn!! Beautiful. :0)

Bethany Paull said...

LOVE the spring card. I'm such a color lover. Though, you're right, the others are quite elegant.

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards - especially that first one - great colors!!:)

joslyn said...

love the black and river rock. i always use black and love it.

Rose Ann said...

You did a fabulous job with your new Copic markers!! All of your cards are so pretty, Dawn!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree...fabulous job with the coloring!!! I haven't stepped into the copic realm...yet! ;) Your cards for the CC turned out very elegant!!! It's strange how river rock takes on a different look. Gorgeous!

jjcreations said...

Your colour challenge cards are wonderful. They're so elegant looking. I like the bright spring one too.
I'm enjoying the wonderfully unusual northern Alberta weather too....Fort Saskatchewan. :)

Alex said...

Holy Moses girl! These cards are totally awesome! That first one is so bright and cheerful and the coloring - wow! That is all I can say! Are the letters the stamp or are they separate? As for your challenge cards, they are absolutely gorgeous, totally elegant, and look like you have been doing cards with black forever - LOL! I don't use this color much either, but you totally blew this challenge away! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Deborah said...

The spring card is so cheerful, I love the stamp! The other two cards are just a class act! Great to stop by! Deb

Becky G said...

All three are fantastic! The first one is so bright, cheery and fun and the other two are beautiful! Great job with your Copics!

Unknown said...

Both of your color challenge cards are stunning!

kdj said...

Beautiful! I love the River Rock & Black combo.

Jana Weaver said...

Beautiful cards Dawn...great job with your Copics, and the color challenge cards are great - very elegant!!

Anonymous said...

Your spring card is gorgeous, fun and so you! Your CC cards are beautiful! I loved this color challenge.
Hugs and smiles

Deb said...

3 fabulous cards, love the bright cheery colours of the first one, the DP is so perfect for a spring card. the other 2 cards are very elegant, I would never have thought of the colour combination but they look great together!

Anonymous said...

Holy Moly Girlie Your cards are fabulous ..
xoxox
Dawn Griffith

corinnesomerville said...

Oh my gosh...love these !!! The first one is so fun and the next two are just stunning !! Great job, kiddo !

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Gorgeous cards Dawn!! Especially your spring one..

Anonymous said...

Love the cards, you did an awesome job on the challenge, I found it tough too! Your first card is very fun! Great work!

Lauren (mytime) said...

I have to say I LOVE the color combo-these are simply perfect. I love the tag too

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love Spring card! It's so happy! (Love that adorable paper too!) Your River Rock cards are gorgeous! That is such a classy color combo!