Thursday 28 February 2008

Always Tart & Tangy

I'm back! Wow what a busy day it has been cutting and mounting the stamps. I'm still not finished but my back is killing me. I guess if I sat at my work table I'd be okay, but no, I'm sitting on the floor so I can watch the soaps...lol
If you are one of the Wednesday night girls coming next week and don't want to see some cards we MAY make....STOP READING NOW ;)
This first card uses a couple of new sets. Tart & Tangy from the Occassions mini and Make It Count which is a hostess set. Isn't this new Summer Picnic DP yummy?!
I was actually short one sheet and called SU! this morning. They are sending me a new package first class mail....which I'm sure is slower than UPS...haha! Not that I am complaining! More paper...yah.
Stamp sets: Tart & Tangy, Make It Count
Cardstock: Real Red, Old Olive, WW and Summer Picnic DP
Inks: Real Red, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Striped Red Grosgrain, 1 3/8"Circle Punch, Scallop Punch, Dimensionals
I LOVED this bird from the moment I saw her in the catty. Everyone has made such beautiful cards with her too! I kept this one fairly simple so we could show her off!
Now Groovy Guava wasn't a colour I fancied very much but it's grown on me(with certain colours and DP)
Stamp Set: Always
Cardstock: Choc Chip, Groovy Guava, WW and Ginger Blossom DP
Ink: Groovy Guava, Choc Chip
Accessories: 1 1/4", 1 3/8"Circle Punches, Wide Choc Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals, Coluzzle
Thanks for stopping by! I'm off to finish cutting and mounting the stamps. After that it will be a task to get it all down to the basement and organize ;)
Hope to see you tomorrow!

22 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

these cards are lovely, the cherries and cherry paper is great.

Alex said...

These are great cards Dawn, the gals are going to drool over that new DP - love it!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Tracy.H said...

These are great. I love that new DP too! I will definitely have to get me some of that. I have not bought any of the Groovy Guava myself, but I love it with the Chocolate Chip(my favorite color). I might have to try some out now. :0)

Nancy Riley said...

Look at you ... creating one fantastic card right after another with all your new goodies! Keep 'em comin'!

Catherine said...

both cards are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Oh my I am waiting on my DS paper to come ( tomorrow hopefully ) Love your cards and Love that set ALWAYS too
xoox
Dawn griffith

Maria said...

Wow, I love the pretty colors of both your cards Dawn! Very pretty!

Maria

Carolyn King said...

Wow...adorable first card--love that dp and the second card is stunning..I love the colors and how you let that bird take center stage (love that stamp too!)

Great job!

mudmaven said...

Wonderful cards. Both of those sets are really starting to grow on me. ~chris

Anonymous said...

hey girl, I love your tart & tangy card so much I'm gonna case it!!!! Love both your cards!!

Rose Ann said...

I love your cards with your new goodies!! I love the cherries, and of course that beautiful bird!!

Anonymous said...

I am so kicking myself for not getting Tart & Tangy. What was I thinking.. or NOT thinking! I love your cheery cherry card. And that bird... wonderful card.

Janine said...

Wow !! You have been busy... I just love all the cards that you have done but the Flower Jar from Cornish Heritage Farms is just beautiful...
Love your work !

Lauren (mytime) said...

You KNOW how much I LOVE circles!! So these are over the top!! Dont you start making me want more SU! stuff! I DO NOT need it! LOL!!
You loot was AMAZING! WOW!
Nie job Dawn.Love that Always set!

Anonymous said...

I love both cards. The first one is so vibrant! I love that you used this sentiment and the way you inked it.

The second card is so gorgeous! Perfect colors and layout to show of that fantastic bird!

Hugs and smiles

Deb said...

Both fabulous cards, the stamps and DP are all gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing more with your new goodies!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

great card. i love this set... ahhh.. that ribbon.. wonderful

Anonymous said...

Ah...these are wonderful! Don't know how I missed them?! I love the little birdie too...this one is on my wish list! ;)

Corie said...

These are just so FANTASTIC!!

Christina Fischer said...

These cards are gorgeous, Dawn! Fantastic colors! Don't you just looooove playing with new stuff??

corinnesomerville said...

I can hardly wait to get to Tart & Tangy !!! It's so yummy....hehehe!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

How beautiful! I especially LOVE that cherry card! Adorable!